Friday, October 12, 2012

Money balloons for birthday present

The original post came from magicalchildhood.wordpress.com
and I thought what a great idea :-) So when a friend of mine's little boy was turning 5 and I didn't know what to get him I remembered seeing this. I however didn't want to have to wrap a box full of balloons so I decided to spend the 50 cents that Dollar General charges to blow them up. So off me and the boys went...What an adventure!! Anyone with 2 young kids kknows it can be a task to go anywhere! It was a double Birthday party so I needed a bag for one of the gifts and of course where is it located but of course in the back of the store and Kaeden (almost 2)decided he needed to walk the whole time...Lucky me :-) When I finally get to pay I tell them that I want to put 5 $1 bills in each balloon. Here is a tip...Have them blow the balloons first while you are rolling the money as tight as you can, once they are filled slowly work it down into the balloon. They must do it this way or the balloons pops...Don't ask how I know this :p Meanwhile we get the first balloon done when she ask do you have string...Um no of course I forgot it and guess where it is YES in the back of the store! I must have had a look on my face b/c she says hold the balloon and I'll go grab it for you. Great idea right? Well it would have been until Kaeden goes to run out the door I grab him, letting the balloon go and up to the ceiling it goes. It must happen a lot there because they had a special stick to get it down. YAY! What seems like forever I got my final product...
I used candy to weigh it down.
EVERYONE LOVED IT! Everyone thought it was the coolest thing ever and he had a great time trying to pop them to get his money.

1 comment:

  1. Super cool! Michelle's son is having a birthday soon so I think I am totally going to do this!!!

    ReplyDelete